Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day debut

Hello again everyone. Well as you know from reading my last blog, we were waiting in anticipation of Sassy's grand debut, which I'm happy to say she decided to make on Memorial Day. The day actually turned out to be pretty sunny and with the wind not blowing as much as it had the day before, it turned out being quite a nice day. The birds were chirping, and I even got in a few good photos of a pretty blue bird. My boyfriend and I grilled some nice rib eyes which is a rare treat,but not only were we celebrating Memorial Day, but the return our our little Sassy,who by the way came looking for her peanuts as we knew she would. Spike decide to either sleep in or was out running about the neighborhood. However, he did decide to come out today, and him and Sassy were enjoying the sun and playing about. Its quite obvious they are two happy and content chipmunks, whom we are glad have made their little home in our wood pile. They know us and have accepted us as part of the territory. To us, they have become part of our family. I call them "my little backyard kids" Sassy even surprised me yesterday by eating a worm I was completely horrified, and quickly let her know it ,but just like any kid, she ignored me and ate it anyway. My boyfriend got it all on video, so it should be quite interesting to watch later on. well that's all for now. I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day.
M.J.

No comments: