Monday, April 28, 2008

Student Loan Donations

You may have noticed that I have a donation button on my web site. I don't know much about loans and investments, but my boyfriend says that there is no way to get out of repaying a student loan, even one that was signed by mistake. My ex-husband handled all of our money, but it turns out that he didn't make any payments when the loan came due. Now, twenty years later, they are after me to repay it. Only problem is; I don't have a job.

So as a last resort, we decided to put up a donation link on digitalcharity.com. Even though Paypal is completely safe to use, I am skeptical that anyone will actually make a donation to someone they don't know. I would probably have more luck if I went door-to-door with a tin cup. That's basically what my boyfriend wants me to do with my relatives. He says that I need to ask them to donate their refund checks to me. The only problem is, none of my relatives have money, and I'm sure they are all waiting for that check to pay their own bills.

No comments: